Become a Mentor
Who can become a mentor?
Mentoring takes a certain personality and certain skills, as well as experience, which matches the needs of the mentee. Below is a checklist outlining the experience and qualities the Program is looking for from potential mentors.
- Successful hands-on professional expertise in a management role in key business areas including: marketing/PR, legal, finance/accounting, fundraising, internet/IT or HR.
- A track record of problem solving, articulation, communication, and people-development.
- A structured thinker with the ability to analyse and resolve issues effectively.
- A humble manner with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Willing and able to commit to the time required for a fruitful mentor/mentee relationship.
- Be a positive enthusiast and advocate for the Program’s mission and the mentee.
- Access to influential professional networks.
- Reasonably IT literate with personal e-mail communication capability.
- Coaching & mentoring experience.
- Starting up small businesses and helping them grow to scale.
- Experience leading the start-up and growth of small-medium sized organisations.
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector, ideally with social entrepreneurs and or in an environmental arena.
- Knowledge of the political, economic and legal context that social entrepreneurs are working in.
- At least one area of specialist expertise or professional qualification – member of professional institute.
- Fundraising experience (either from private, commercial or social investors).
- Experience as a Director.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia (local mentors only) and proficient in English
- Strong personal network.
- Primary interest to generate consultancy business from the mentee
A selection of 2012 Mentor profiles
- RE Project Modeling Expert
- Biogas and Solar experience
- Financial modeling
- Structure funding, negotiation and financing for infrastructure energy projects
- Solar Energy Development
- Biogas project financing
- Business and Risk analysis
- Over 30 years of experience in empowering and assisting SMEs
- Background from executive positions in FMCG industry
- Business Planning and Effective Operations
- Human Resources Management
- General Business Management Processes
- Development of Business Plans
Click Here to download all of the brief lead mentor profiles
- Over 30 years professional experience
- International Marketing professional
- Currently working with renewable energy project development in Indonesia
- Experienced in Import / Export sectors
- Currently works in EE in Industrial Commercial and Public Sector
- Consulting for ADB and the Exim Bank to develop EE Project Financing Products.
- Former Deputy Country Manager of ECO-Asia Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN)
- Facilitated more than $26million dollar financing of biomass projects
Click Here to download all of the brief local mentor profiles
Jim Bagnola, International Speaker, Executive Coach, and Corporate Educator
Jim Bagnola is an expert in the field of leadership, customer service, team management, and body-mind management, focusing on the influence of thinking patterns on health, happiness, success, and the capacity to lead. His personal mission has been the personal coaching of young entrepreneurs and students on six continents for the past 20 years. He is Chairman of the Board of Leaders Romania an organization committed to teaching and mentoring young European leaders and he travels globally as a frequent lecturer and coach for AIESEC, the largest student organization in the world.
Eswar Mani, Investment Manager, Masdar Capital
Eswar Mani has been a part of the finance industry for over ten years with a specialization in M&A, corporate finance, equity-linked structuring and private equity with deal experience in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Currently, he is an Investment Manager at Masdar Capital tasked with analyzing investment opportunities globally in a wide variety of industries related to clean technologies, in addition to raising funds from Japanese investors. Eswar was instrumental in raising capital for DB Masdar Clean Tech Fund from Development Bank of Japan, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Japan Bank for International Cooperation, JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation and INPEX.
Click Here to download all of the brief global mentor profiles
If you are interested in becoming a local mentor, please contact email@example.com If you are interested in becoming a global mentor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org